- Why should I purchase plans from Northwest Home Designing, Inc?
- What is a License Fee?
- What do I receive within my construction documents?
- How many times can I build the plan?
- Can I make copies of the plans?
- What information should I have ready before I place my order?
- How long will it take before I get my order?
- How can NHD help with my marketing?
- Can I purchase sepias?
- Can I purchase additional sets?
- What if I am building the plan in Reverse?
- What is Structural Engineering?
- Do you offer Lumber Estimates?
- Does Northwest Home Designing, Inc. provide modifications?
- When do I need to make modification appointment?
- When do I need to make remodel or custom appointment?
- If I want to set the plan up as a Base Plan, what do I need to do?
- Payment options?
- How do I become a Preferred Builder Reward Member?
- How do I earn Builder Reward Cash Back?
- How do I earn Builder Reward Loyalty Points?
- How do I earn Builder Reward Referral loyalty points and 5% cash back?
- How do I use my Builder Reward Cash Back?
- How do I convert my 10 Builder Reward Loyalty Points into a 11th Free Building Fee?
- How do I convert my 10 Builder Reward Loyalty Points into Service Hours?
- How do I review my Builder Reward History Report on-line?
- Can I review my Builder Reward account on-line?
- I forgot my Builder Reward Username and Password what should I do?
- Do Builder Reward Members receive a discount on hourly services?
- What type of discounts do Builder Reward Members receive?
- What can I review on my Builder Reward Account?
- What is a studio and what are the benefits?
- Exchanges and Refunds:
- What should I do if I find a structure discrepancy?
- How much is stock engineering?
- Is custom engineering available?
- Do you offer discounts on stock engineering?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Founded in 1963, Northwest Home Designing, Inc has been serving the building industry for more than 44 years. Our longevity in the architectural and pre-designed (stock) plan industry is a name you can trust. We have thousands of satisfied and returning customers who have recommended our firm to their clients, family, and friends.
- Customer Service - NHD's staff values their customer relations. It is our commitment to offer excellent customer service. Our professional team makes it their priority to become knowledgeable of our products and services; as well as, engineering, code related issues, and well-intended advice. It is our goal to gain your confidence, go beyond your expectations, and build a lifelong relationship.
- Northwest Home Designing, Inc. is not a "Clearing House." When purchasing plans from our company, they are shipped directly from our office headquarters located in Lakewood, Washington.
- Northwest Home Designing, Inc. updates and monitors, free of charge, all of our 6000 plans to the latest addition of the I.R.C. (International Residential Code). Incidentally, this update is every 3 years and is adopted throughout the United States.
- Technical Support - Northwest Home Designing, Inc. offers technical support. Therefore, if you have any questions regarding your plan purchase, we are here to assist you.
What is a License Fee? In consideration of payment of the building fee (plan purchase), which is a part of the price you paid for this product. Northwest Home Designing, Inc., as Licensor, grants you, the Licensee, the non-exclusive right to use and construct one structure from these documents. NHD reserves all rights not expressly granted to Licensees.
What do I receive within my construction documents? The construction documents include the following: building section, floor plans, foundation, roof and floor framing detailed to 1/4" scale, Interior elevations (where applicable), detail sheets, elevations, cover sheets
How many times can I build the plan? With each license fee purchase, Northwest Home Designing, Inc. grants you the permission to construct one building. If you are interested in building the plan several times, please inform our plan specialist and they will provided you with a discount license fee proposal.
Can I make copies of the plans? Northwest Home Designing, Inc. technical drawings and the accompanying material are copyrighted. Unauthorized copying of these documents is expressly forbidden. You may be held legally responsible for any copyright infringement that is caused or encouraged by your failure to abide by the terms of Northwest Home Designing, Inc's License Agreement.
- Please provide our sales staff with customer information; such as, address, phone number, email address, shipping address if different from primary.
- Payment information (Visa or Master Card) and 3 digit security code on the back of card
- If you are paying by Visa or Master Card, please provide us with your billing address.
- How many times your building the plan
- Site information - Site address, City, State, Zip code, Subdivision, lot #, County, and parcel #.
How long will it take before I get my order? When purchasing a pre-designed (stock) plan without modifications, our turn-around time is within 24-48 hours from purchase date - we update every plan to meet current IRC code requirements before any documents are printed.
How can NHD help with my marketing? Let our Marketing Division assist you with your marketing needs. Depending on the scope and the size of your project, our Marketing Division can provide a variety of support services. Whether you need assistance marketing a single home or an entire development, we can help develop the concept, prepare artwork, and create marketing brochures. Marketing brochures include floor plans, elevations and, if available, color or black-and-white renderings. Furthermore, we can customize your brochure and add selling information; as well as, company information. For more information, contact our NHD Marketing Division today.
Can I purchase sepias? Sepia sets are available outside the state of Washington and are subject to the terms of our Sepia Agreement and License Agreement.
Can I purchase additional sets? Additional sets can be purchase at Northwest Home Designing, Inc. current blueprinting rate. Additional sets to be used for original site address of License Fee purchase and are stamped "Not for Construction".
What if I am building the plan in Reverse? Most jurisdictions allow you to build a structure whichever way you choose as long as the structure is within the building envelope. However, check with your local municipality to see if they will accept "mirror reverse" blueprints or if they require right side reading sets - "mirror reverse" sets have all dimensions and text that are upside down and backwards. If available, NHD will charge an additional fee $50.00 to convert the plan to right reading. Please note this service is only available on Auto Cad documents.
What is Structural Engineering? Most jurisdictions require structural engineering calculations that meet the lot requirements they place on each parcel. These requirements include: wind speeds, exposure ratings, snow loads, seismic zones, soil bearing capacity, etc. A Licensed Engineer will perform a "Gravity and Lateral Analysis" to ensure whichever structure you choose to build will withstand those forces. That said, those calculations allow the engineer to size beams and headers, call out specific sheer wall values and foundation/footing requirements, all the way down to nailing patterns. Again, structural engineering is now required within all our local jurisdictions in order to receive a building permit.
Do you offer Lumber Estimates? Yes, we offer lumber estimates. When ordering, please check for availability.
Does Northwest Home Designing, Inc. provide modifications? Yes, if you are interested in enlarging a plan, changing an elevation, or modifying a plan to accommodate your lifestyle, we can help. Our modification department specializes with custom revisions to our pre-designed plans. We provide modifications to all of our 6000 stock plans; NHD charges $90.00 per hour for modification services. Please review the Modification Form for a complimentary estimate or contact our office to schedule an appointment today.
When do I need to make modification appointment? So, you found the dream home, however, you want to add those personal touches; It is time to schedule a modification appointment. Prior to consulting with our modification professional, we recommend purchasing a bid set, planning set, or study set and highlighting the areas to be changed. This simplifies the consultation and modification process. In addition, it will contribute to the visualization process and allow us to provide conceptual drawing depicting your ideas. Please call at least two weeks in advance; in addition, please allow approximately an hour 1/2 for your consultation.
When do I need to make remodel or custom appointment? If you are considering remodeling an existing home or creating a new custom home, we would enjoy the opportunity to bring your vision to life. Please contact our office and schedule a complimentary appointment today. Prior to your consultation, we recommend gathering the proper information (plans (existing), setback, survey, topography, CC&R's, lot coverage percentage, wetlands, buffer zones, easements, photography, NHD Custom Criteria Form, etc.) and bring this information to your consultation
- First, a License Fee must be purchased from Northwest Home Designing, Inc.
- Second, Northwest Home Designing, Inc. will provide a Base Plan authorization letter to be submitted to the Building Department for that particular design.
- All future permits must be preceded by a License Fee purchase from Northwest Home Designing, Inc. and our Base Plan Release Letter.
Payment options? Northwest Home Designing, Inc. accepts visa, master card, cash, and personal checks.
How do I become a Preferred Builder Reward Member? Simply, complete our membership form and submit it our Builder Reward Department. There are no membership fees or dues.
How do I earn Builder Reward Cash Back? For every dollar you spend at NHD, Inc., you will earn 5% cash back towards your next NHD purchase.
How do I earn Builder Reward Loyalty Points? Simply, join our Builder Reward Membership Program, you will earn two free Builder Reward Loyalty points. In addition, for every License fee (building fee) purchase; as well as, any referral License fee purchase earn one builder reward loyalty point. Earn 3 Reward points for a Custom Home Plan Division purchase.
How do I earn Builder Reward Referral loyalty points and 5% cash back? Simply, allow your referred client the use of your Builder Reward Membership number, before they purchase their License Fee, and you will receive your Builder Reward Loyalty point; in addition, 5 % Cash back on their entire order, excluding postage and sales tax. All cash back can be used towards future purchases. No cash value.
How do I use my Builder Reward Cash Back? The accumulated Builder Reward Cash Back can be used at any time and does not expire. Upon check out, we will review your account, inform you of your credit balance, and allow you the opportunity to apply part or all of your cash back awards.
How do I convert my 10 Builder Reward Loyalty Points into a 11th Free Building Fee? When your Builder Reward account has earned a total of 10 loyalty points, NHD will notify you by email or mail. If you are ready to redeem your "11th Free Building Fee" Please select the next plan and contact your NHD Sales Associate.
How do I convert my 10 Builder Reward Loyalty Points into Service Hours? When your Builder Reward account has earned a total of 10 loyalty points, NHD will notify you by mail or email. If you are ready to redeem your award, however, would rather use these awards towards 7 hours ($630.00) of services. Please contact your NHD Sales Associate for assistance.
How do I review my Builder Reward History Report on-line? under construction
Can I review my Builder Reward account on-line? under construction
I forgot my Builder Reward Username and Password what should I do? under construction
Do Builder Reward Members receive a discount on hourly services? Yes, Builder Reward Members receive discounted rates on modification and custom hours. When you purchase 50 hours of services, your next contract service will be invoiced at $10.00 off our current published service rate.
What type of discounts do Builder Reward Members receive? Builder Reward Members receive many perks. BRM receive 10% discount on License Fees, 5% discount on stock engineering, 50% discount on blueprint packages and study sets, complimentary home plan publication (Designment Review), 5% cash back on all purchases (excluding postage and tax), 5% cash back on referred clients purchase, Builder Reward Loyalty points on License Fee purchase, Builder Reward Loyalty points on referred License Fee purchase, Discounts on Plan Studios , marketing brochures, service hours, and multiple discounts on multi-use building fee purchases.
What can I review on my Builder Reward Account? This feature allows BRM to review their Builder Reward account at anytime by logging in your username and password. You can review your favorite plans, recent purchases, loyalty points earned and redeemed, and cash back balances.
What is a studio and what are the benefits? Our Plan Studio Room allows users the opportunity to review plans on-line. With a username and password, you will be able to review research and full construction documents, allow your contractor and subcontractors access for bidding your project which will save additional time and money (no paper copies or travel time), and share your new home plans with family and friends. Even family and friends across the miles!
Exchanges and Refunds: Northwest Home Designing, Inc. does not offer refunds. However, if the entire purchase is returned, we will credit the License fee toward a new License fee of equal or greater value. No cash refund.
What should I do if I find a structure discrepancy? While every attempt, has been made to assure the accuracy of these drawings. All information must be verified prior to ordering any raw materials or fabricated components. Any structural components specified are for reference only and must be verified with the engineer of record "S-sheets" and or attached documents. However, if you find a structural discrepancy, please contact our office immediately and we will assist you with matter.
How much is stock engineering? Stock engineering, if available, is invoiced at $.21 per sq. ft.
Is custom engineering available? If stock engineering is not available, we will have an engineer provide a site specific quote and e-mail it to you within 24 hours.
Do you offer discounts on stock engineering? Yes, we offer discounts on re-use engineering. Please contact a Plan Specialist for more information.